I actually finished my Mila dungarees a few months ago but am I only just getting chance to write about them. I have been a busy bee studying hard but it has all worth it as I am now a fully qualified Architect! No more studying means more time to get making!
This was the third pattern I had used from Tilly and the Buttons, as with the previous two, the instructions were easy to follow. This garment is the most complicated I have made to date but Tilly’s instructions were great! I enjoyed the challenge and I am hoping to start on some more challenging makes soon – maybe a coat?
I used a light blue thread for top stitching to bring out the hints of blue in the fabric.
The legs are slightly too long for me as I am quite small but the overall fit is perfect. I still need to take the leg up but I was too excited to wear them, so I haven’t got round to that just yet.
I did make a mistake with the fastenings as I used the jean buttons instead of the buckle buttons for my straps! So my straps are a bit loose! Opps! Apart from that little mishap I am really pleased with how they turned out.
Next time I think I will use a plain fabric to make a more formal pair, which I can wear to work. Fabric ideas needed! I love dungarees so I will definitely be making lots of versions of these.
(Thanks to my little sister for taking the photos 💕)